Carnwath

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Carnwath (1848-1966)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station about a mile from Carnwath, to the east, by road.

The main station building was on the southbound platform and there was a goods yard on the west side, approached from the north. The goods yard also served a sand pit.

Little remains of the station today. The goods yard is now a council depot.

The station is not far from Carstairs station where the lines from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Carlisle meet.


Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map