Bridgend [M and K] (1839-1851)
Opened on the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This station was located at Bridgend in the north west of present day Moodiesburn, which did not exist when the station was open. It was north of Chryston, by which name the goods station was known some time after 1900.
The signal box, a much later addition from 1895, was on the north side of a level crossing, on the east side. To the south of this crossing was the goods yard, on the east side and served from the south. This yard survived the passenger station.
The box closed in 1966, with the line.
To the north was Auchengeich Colliery, with a large number of sidings. This was served from Bridgend Junction, a little further to the north again.
To the south the line originally passed through a tunnel which was later opened out.
Bridgend [M and K]
Back O Loch Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Avenuehead Iron Pit
Avenuehead Signal Box
Drumcavel Rock Sand Works
Garngaber Low Junction
Wester Gartshore Colliery
Bedlay Colliery Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|