Bridge of Dee (1864-1949)
Opened on the Kirkcudbright Railway.
This was a single platform station, the platform being on the south side of the line. The station building was of two storeys.
At the west end was the entry to the goods yard, on the south side of the line and approached from the west.
The signal box (1882) was on the north side of the turnout for the yard.
The box closed in 1925 when replaced with a ground frame.
The station closed in 1949 and the line in 1965.
The station building is now a private house.
Just to the east were two viaducts over the River Dee, where western and eastern branches of the river passed round Lamb Island: River Dee Viaduct [West] and River Dee Viaduct [East].
Castle Douglas (St Andrews Street)
Gatehouse of Fleet
Other railway and industry locations
River Dee Viaduct [West]
River Dee Viaduct [East]
Castle Douglas Shed
Tongland Car Factory
The Stewartry Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|