Braehead Power Station

Location type

Works

Name and dates

Braehead Power Station (1946-1982)

Served by the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway.

Description

This was a coal fired power station. It was on the north side of King's Inch Road and served from the east by sidings from the Clyde Navigation Trust's Renfrew Harbour siding of the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway. Trains entering the power station crossed the road on the level.

To the south was the Braehead Transit depot and to the east the Braehead Works.

A conveyor connected the sidings to the power station.

The concrete shell of the building survived until the 1990s.

Local

The site is now part of the Braehead Shopping Centre .

Tags

Power station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
01/08/2020