Blackford Hill

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Blackford Hill (1884-1962)

Opened on the Edinburgh, Suburban and Southside Junction Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station to the west of Blackford Avenue.

There was a goods junction to east at Blackford Hill Signal Box for the Newington Stone Yard and, further east, Newington Goods. The box opened with the line and closed in 1969.

Little remains of the station.

Local

To the south was Blackford House. Blackford Hill [Hill] is to the south with the Royal Observatory. Royal Observatory Edinburgh


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map