Black Island Platform (1904-1959)
Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
The Black Island is a strip of land west of Blair Atholl station, and Blair Castle, between the railway and the River Garry.
A platform opened here for the Scottish Horse Camp.
This halt was on the double track section north of Blair Atholl. There was a logging camp here in the Second World War.
Dunkeld and Birnam
Other railway and industry locations
Blair Atholl Shed
Blair Atholl Shed [1st]
Falls of Bruar
The Soldier^s Leap
Linn of Tummel Waterfall
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2