Bellingham [North Tyne] (1861-1926)
Bellingham (North Tyne) (1926-1956)
Opened on the Border Counties Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a single platform station to the east of Bellingham. The platform was on the south side of the line with a two storey station building.
There were two looped sidings opposite the platform and a loading bank at the east end, north side of the line.
The signal box was on the platform, just east of the station building.
The station closed to passengers in 1956. The box and line closed in 1963.
After many years as a council depot the former station found a new use.
Today The Heritage Centre at Bellingham Northumberland is in the station yard, a new building built at the west end of the site. Two carriages alongside the platform are a restaurant. The station building still stands.
Bellingham (North Tyne)
Ray House (Halt)
Other railway and industry locations
Stiddle Hill Siding
Thorneyburn Coal Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)