Beith North (1924-1951)
Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.
This was a two platform station with the main building on the up platform. There was a goods yard at the north end, west side and approached from the north.
The station was renamed Beith Town in 1924 to distinguish it from Beith Town (called 'Beith' until 1953) on the former Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway, just after both stations came into London, Midland and Scottish Railway ownership.
Little remains of the station, although the road crossing at the south end of the site still loops round where the station was located.
Other railway and industry locations
Glengarnock Steelworks Melting Shop
Beith Town Loco Shed
Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box
Kilbirnie Shed [CR]
Glengarnock Iron and Steel Works
Glengarnock Steelworks Rolling Mill
Glengarnock Blast furnaces
Glengarnock Ironstone Pit No 6
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|