Beattock Shed (1847-1967)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
Beattock Shed was located by Beattock station, just to the north on the west side. It was a double ended two road shed approached from the north and south.
British Railways assigned the code 68D and sub shed Lockerbie Shed. It was later 66F.
After closure in 1967 the shed was demolished, but the site remains in railway use as sidings.
Other railway and industry locations
Greskine Signal Box
Jardine Hall Mineral Railway Bridge
River Carron Viaduct
Gill Water Viaduct
Gray Mare^s Tail Waterfalls
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian