This was a single platform station.
The platform was on the north side of the single track line. The station did not open with the line, (in 1879), but in 1906.
To the north of the station site was a large rail served tip, Bardowie Tip. The site of this is now a large wooded area. Just to the west, the line crossed the Allander Water.
The station was an early closure, in 1931. The line remained open to passengers until 1951. It was a through route until 1956 when it closed east of Torrance. The truncated line remained open until 1961 for goods and minerals.
The mound of the platform still exists and the station house still stands, now a private house.
Bardowie Loch is not far to the north.
The Clyde Cruising Club - Dinghy Section is based at Bardowie Loch.
Possilpark and Parkhouse
| Bardowie Tip|
Cadder Pit No 15
Cadder Pit No 17
Cadder Pit No 9
Blackhill Pits Nos 8 and 9
Cadder Pit No 2
Blairskaith Limestone Mine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland