This is a two platform station. The eastbound platform is stone and the westbound is timber, it being relocated east from its original location - platforms were originally staggered. The site of the westbound was a siding.
The main station building was on the north side of the line, at the end of the lane running south from the village of Bardon Mill which is just to the north. The goods yard, looped sidings, was at the west end of the line and north of it, opposite the original westbound platform.
The signal box, on the south side of the line, west end of the goods yard, remains in operation although often switched out.
The station building now stands west of the station, due to the platform relocation. It is now a house. The building is stone built with two storeys and a timber extension to the east in a single storey.
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Bishopside Halt Milk Platform
| Henshaw Colliery|
Langley Lead Works
Allen Smelting Mill
Glen due Quarry
Fourstones Colliery and Lime Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: A Mature Art v. 2
A History of North Eastern Railway Architecture: Pioneers v. 1
A History of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway, 1824 - 1870: The First Line Across Britain
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Newcastle (Rail Centres)
North Eastern Railway: Historical Maps