This single track viaduct was immediately west of Ballinluig station on the Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway). It has been demolished and the site is now occupied by a road bridge on the A827. This road bridge replaced an 1889 bowstring girder bridge which was just to the north. This, in turn, replaced the Ballinluig Ferry - which was still the method of crossing the river when the railway opened.
By the 1970s the road bridge had become a footbridge, the railway bridge being used as a road bridge, and in 1981 the railway bridge was demolished and new road bridge built on its site, immediately to the south. Bases of the piers of the railway bridge remain and can be seen at low water.
The viaduct had two main spans (both 122ft) and was approached by short connecting girders (35ft) on either side. It strongly resembled the Logierait Viaduct which was just to the west, crossing the River Tay.
Dunkeld and Birnam
Black Island Platform
| Ballinluig Turntable|
Blair Athol Distillery
Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Pitlochry Fish Ladder
St Mary's Church Grandtully
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|