Armadale Junction (1888-1967)
Opened on the Boghead to Cowdenhead Branch (Monkland Railways).
This was the junction for the Armadale Branch (Monkland Railways).
The signal box was on the north side of the line at the junction. Access to the branch was from the east.
When opened the main line was single track. This doubled in 1904 requiring a new box. The box also controlled access to Trees Colliery Pit No 1 to the south.
The box closed in 1967 with the closure of the remainder of the branch.
The main line closed in 1982 and re-opened as a modern electrified railway in 2010.
Other railway and industry locations
Iron and Coal Pit
Torbane Pit No 2
Iron and Gas Coal Pit
Torbane Pit No 6
Torbanehill Pit No 7
Torbanehill Pit No 3
Torbanehill Pit No 2?
Torbanehill Coal Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|