Ardeer Iron Company Branch Junction (1840-1890)
Ardeer  Junction (1907-1960)
Opened on the Ardrossan and Johnstone Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This junction is marked on the RCH map of 1875. It was the junction for the Ardeer Iron Works, Lucknow Pit and British Dynamite Co Works and Sidings.
The Glasgow and South Western Railway put in a proper junction in 1907.
Ardrossan South Beach
Other railway and industry locations
Ardeer  Junction
Royal George Pit
Auchenharvie Pit No 5
Auchenharvie Pit No 2
Water Machine Pit (Coal)
Turf Dyke Pit
Auchenharvie Pit No 4
Auchenharvie Pit No 6
Auchenharvie Signal Box
Prince of Wales Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Ardrossan (North) 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.01 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Ardrossan (South) 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.05 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Kilwinning 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.04 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History