Allangrange

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Allangrange (1894-1951)

Opened on the Fortrose Branch (Highland Railway).


Description

This was a single platform station. The platform was on the north side of the single track with a goods yard at the west end, approached from the west. The station building was typical of the line.

The station site has been almost entirely obliterated and there is a small industrial estate on the site. The station cottage, a typical Highland Railway building, remains standing to the north.

06/05/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map