Alexandria and Bonhill (1935-1962)
Opened on the Caledonian and Dumbartonshire Junction Railway.
This is a single platform station. There is a modern building on the platform. With road improvements, planners have placed the station in the middle of a large roundabout. There is a car park.
It was formerly a two platform station and the northbound line was lifted, parts of its platform remain disused. The platforms were slightly staggered. The main building had been on the remaining platform.
There was a goods yard on either side, just south of the station, some sidings accessed by turnplates. Ultimately the sidings were on the east side of the line, accessed from the south. Alexandria Goods.
The signal box was on the southbound platform, just north of the main station building. It took over from Dalquhurn and Renton boxes in 1960.
The box closed in 1973 when the line was singled, the northbound line being lifted.
Other railway and industry locations
Ferryfield Print Works
Dalmonach Print Works
Gas Works (Vale of Leven Gas Co)
Alexandria Works (Printing and dyeing)
Croftengea Signal Box
Milton Works (Dyeing) [Riverside]
Milton Works (Dyeing)
Jamestown Viaduct [Balloch]
Levenbank Print Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|