Advie [2nd] (1868-1965)
Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
A single platform station with a short platform and siding at the west end, the platform was extended, a new building (in timber) provided and goods yard expanded. The platform was on the south side of the line.
The goods yard was on the south side of the station, approached from the west.
The station replaced Advie [1st], to the east.
The platform of the station remains today and the line is now a dirt road. The alignment of the Strathspey Way is further south east. A railway cottage remains on the east side of the road bridge over the former line and to the north of the line.
Tormore Distillery is to the east.
Dalvey Farm Halt
Gilbey^s Cottage Halt
Castle Grant Platform
Knockando House Halt
Imperial Cottages Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Bridge of Carron
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book