Spalding: The extant twin track railway bridge over the River Welland at Spalding, that formerly served the line running from March to Spalding, seen in a July 2020 view looking west. The bridge deck is substantially complete, only missing rails. The trackbed at either end of the bridge in now obliterated for a short distance by road or building works.
Bridport: Believe it or not, when I took this photo of Bridport station in March 1975 it was still open to passengers although the building was obsolete, passengers accessing the platform from a path alongside the building. Time was running out for this picturesque branch line as it closed two months later on 5th May 1975. A supermarket, alas, now stands on the site.
Buchanan Street: On a wet evening at Glasgow Buchanan Street in June 1966, Standard Caprotti 5MT 4-6-0 73149 slips as it starts the 5.35pm service to Dunblane. *17/6/66*
Bay Horse: The green fencing is in, the cutting is stable and the contractors have moved on. An Edinburgh to Manchester Airport TPE 397 flashes past the newly completed cutting works at Forton on 1st August 2020. There is a notable contrast now between the Up and Down sides. See image [] for the same location just six weeks earlier.
Stafford: Cross Country Voyagers call at Stafford on 17th October 2019. The one on the left is heading to Manchester while the other is heading south to Birmingham, Bristol and Exeter.
Grangemouth: A pair of DRS class 66s on the way south from the Ineos refinery sidings towards Fouldubs Junction on 20 December 2011. The locomotives are about to drift past the site of the former Grangemouth station which stood off to the right.
Kay Park Junction: Royal Scot 4-6-0 no 46113 Cameronian passing Kay Park Junction, Kilmarnock, on 6 May 1954 with the 10.40am Leeds - Glasgow.
Postland: View of Postland station up platform side seen from the B1166 Hull's Drove Road between Gedney Hill and Crowland in July 2020. The recessed area painted white had been enclosed for a period, but has now been restored to be open to the platform.
Cockfosters: The ticket hall at Cockfosters, terminus of the LUL PIccadilly Line, opened in 1933, on 18th April 2019. The passimeter office is no longer in use but has been retained as a feature of the station.
Dalmeny Junction: A First ScotRail 158 with a returning Fife Circle service on the downhill section half a mile south of the Forth Bridge in the summer of 2008. The train is about to run through the junction with the Winchburgh line after passing below the bridge at the west end of Main Street, Dalmeny. The damp looking trackbed in the foreground once carried the branch serving South Queensferry and Port Edgar.