A fragment of the Up platform fencing is all that remains of Gogar station. It closed in 1930, unsurprisingly as Gogar parish lacked any centre of population - though there was an 'institution'. A bank HQ now occupies the site of the hospital (no comment) and has a tramstop, but apart from that little has changed. The rural nature is preserved by Edinburgh's greenbelt and by being cut off from the city by the bypass.
Company: Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Make contact: David Panton
Image number: 70901