Leadburn

The approach to Leadburn in February 2009, heading south towards Peebles. The main through platforms are directly ahead, while amongst the trees in the right background is the filled in bay platform that handled passenger trains on the former Dolphinton branch (until 1933). A lengthy siding ran beyond the platforms to the left, terminating at buffer stops behind the camera. Part of the A6094 is just visible on the right, while the refurbished former station house, now privately owned, stands behind the wooden fence. [Ref query 2 February 2019]

Location: Leadburn

Company: Peebles Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 22/02/2009

Image number: 67451


Other photographs of Leadburn on RailScot