Black 5 45070 enters Garstang Town station on 13th August 1959 with a single brakevan. Taken nearly thirty years after passenger services finished, this photo clearly shows the very unusual signal box at Garstang, which was on the island platform but at right angles to the tracks. The signal box was wider than the main station building, although it shared the roof profile, allowing a view to the east for the signalman.
Location: Garstang Town
Company: Garstang and Knot End Railway
Photographer: Knott End Collection
Contact photographer: Knott End Collection
Image number: 61091