Bowland

Coffee stop at the end of a country lane at Bowland Bridge watching a flight of swallows catching insects along the surface of the Gala Water - camera at the ready. Silence broken by the sound of a diesel engine on an approaching train. Enter stage right the 1159 Tweedbank – Edinburgh Waverley, next stop Gorebridge. The train is running through the site of Bowland station, opened by the NB in 1848 (renamed Bowland Bridge between 1849 and 1862) and closed by BR in 1953.

Location: Bowland

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 16/06/2017

Image number: 59897


Other photographs of Bowland on RailScot