A Glasgow St Enoch - Largs train calls at Stevenston on 4 April 1959. The locomotive simmering gently at the platform is Fowler 2P 4-4-0 no 40667, with only 6 months to go before its eventual withdrawal from Ardrossan shed. View is east over Station Road level crossing.
Company: Ardrossan Railway
Contact photographer: G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow
Image number: 52509