The driveway leading to the remote former station at Penton, Cumbria, in November 2007. Opened in March 1862 between Riddings Junction and Kershopefoot it served no community of any size, taking its name from nearby Penton House. Scene of the great Penton tomato rescue see image 17983 the station closed with the rest of the Waverley route in January 1969 and is now a private residence.
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 42196