Saughton Junction

Light engine at Saughton Junction in the spring of 1961. D49 4-4-0 no 62729 Rutlandshire passes a group of young enthusiasts standing in the adjacent field. The locomotive was finally withdrawn from St Margarets shed in May 1961 and cut up at Darlington Works later the same month.

Location: Saughton Junction

Company: Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway

Photographer: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Make contact: A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Date: 31/07/1959

Image number: 34260


Other photographs of Saughton Junction on RailScot