Campbeltown

Trains for Machrihanish ran to and from Campbeltown quayside from 1906 onwards connecting with steamers from Glasgow. The road in this picture had two tracks down the middle. Initially successful the Wee Train later struggled against road competition. It didn't reopen for the 1932 summer season and had been dismantled for scrap by 1934. See image 33469 for a map showing the railway in this part of Campbeltown in 1921

Location: Campbeltown

Company: Campbeltown and Machrihanish Light Railway

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact editor

Date: 26/03/2011

Image number: 33379


Other photographs of Campbeltown on RailScot