61333 with a train at Glasgow's High Street Station in July 1961. The B1 was one of a number of steam locomotives pressed back into suburban service, along with miscellaneous coaching stock, following the withdrawal of Glasgow's 'Blue Train' electric units between December 1960 and October 1961 for emergency safety modifications. Built a short distance from here by the North British Locomotive Company in 1948, no 61333 was a Parkhead engine at that time. The B1 was eventually withdrawn from 65C at the end of 1962 and cut up at Cowlairs the following July, shortly following its 15th birthday.
Location: High Street
Company: Glasgow City and District Railway
Photographer: K A Gray
Contact photographer: K A Gray
Image number: 32318