Lea Road

Lea Road station, on the outskirts of Preston, closed in 1938 and little remains. The site, by the bend in the distance of this picture, is also inaccessible. 158909 is heading for Blackpool North and will soon pass Salwick, which also closed in 1938 but reopened in 1940 for munitions workers at the nearby plant and still has a limited service today.

Location: Lea Road

Company: Preston and Wyre Railway, Dock and Harbour

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Make contact: Mark Bartlett

Date: 11/01/2011

Image number: 32309


Other photographs of Lea Road on RailScot