D8120 approaches Niddrie West Junction with an unfitted freight from Millerhill, (possibly the 14.56 to Mossend) on 4 February 1970. Beyond and to the right of the signal box is the embankment that carried a section of the original 1835 Edinburgh & Dalkeith Railway route towards Leith (closed in 1859).
Location: Niddrie West Junction
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: Bill Jamieson
Contact photographer: Bill Jamieson
Image number: 29795