Originally opened as 'Corstorphine' but renamed 'Saughton' when
Corstorphine acquired its own branch with a station in the
village, as opposed to fields away. Even when Saughton closed in 1921 it must have been quite rural, serving nearby farms like Saughton Mains, Stenhouse and Broomhouse, yet to become public housing estates on the fringes of Edinburgh. In the fork of Saughton Junction the bricked-up arch of the former station entrance from Saughton Road is clearly discernable on 10 October 2009.
Company: Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 25903