Morecambe Euston Road

The Heysham Boat train passes the site of Morecambe Euston Road, the substantial yellow brick five platform LNWR terminus in the town. This was sited at an angle alongside this connecting link to Morecambe Promenade station in the area now occupied by housing. Euston Road closed after the 1962 summer season although from 1957 onwards it had only been open from June to September each year for excursion traffic. Nothing remains of the passenger station but the goods shed still stands in a builders merchant's yard and can be seen from passing trains. 142016 will reverse at Morecambe to access the Heysham branch by the blue building in the distance.

Location: Morecambe Euston Road

Company: Morecambe Branch (London and North Western Railway)

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Make contact: Mark Bartlett

Date: 14/08/2009

Image number: 25153


Other photographs of Morecambe Euston Road on RailScot