Now forming part of the Water of Leith walkway, the photograph shows the 1846 station at Bonnington on the North Leith branch in March 2009. The building opposite, on the westbound platform, provided access from Bonnington Road bridge directly above the camera. Bonnington lost its passenger service as early as 1947, although the branch survived for freight traffic until 1968.
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 23913