At first glance, no 94 Newhaven Road, seen here in March 2009, might appear to be a bungalow attached to a tenement block. Not so. The building formed the entrance to the Edinburgh, Leith & Newhaven Railway's 1846 station at Bonnington on the North Leith branch and is part of a two storey building linking to the platform below see image 23036 - the tenements actually came later! Bonnington station was closed to passengers in June 1947 but the line remained open for freight for another 20 years or so.
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 23037