BR Standard class 4 2-6-0 no 76050 of Hawick shed photographed near Roxburgh Junction on 10 February 1964 with the lightly loaded Jedburgh freight. Although the branch lost its passenger service in 1948 it remained open for freight traffic until 1964 (although some sources quote 1966). Roxburgh station can be seen in the background, while the embankment on the right, from which the Jedburgh branch has just diverged, carried the 'main line' towards Kelso and eventually on to the junction with the ECML just north of Tweedmouth station.
Company: Jedburgh Railway
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 22302