An A4 Pacific photographed with a southbound train at Alyth Junction in the 1960s looking towards Forfar. The station was built by the Dundee & Perth and Aberdeen Junction Railway and opened in 1861 as Meigle, with the name change to Alyth Junction occurring in 1876. Final closure came in September 1967.
Location: Alyth Junction
Company: Scottish Midland Junction Railway
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 21149