Slateford Junction [1st]

Heading southwest from Haymarket towards Carstairs on 6 June 2008 is the 1152 First TransPennine service to Manchester Airport. The train is running alongside the rear of the tenements on the south side of Slateford Road and will shortly reach the site of the original Slateford Junction where the line becomes the former Caledonian route to Carstairs. The Pentland Hills form the horizon.

Location: Slateford Junction [1st]

Company: Edinburgh Station and Branches (Caledonian Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 06/06/2008

Image number: 19455


Other photographs of Slateford Junction [1st] on RailScot