Glencraig, Bowhill and Lady Helen Collieries Railway






Portions of line and locations

This line is divided into a number of portions.


Glencraig Colliery Branch

This junction was west of Cardenden. To the north were Glencraig Colliery, Bowhill Colliery and Minto Colliery and to the south was Lady Helen Colliery. The northern mines were approached from the east and the Lady Helen Colliery from the west.
...

More details
Looking south east along the Bowhill branch towards Glencraig Junction on 17 May 1991. A class 150 unit is passing on a Fife Circle service between ...
Bill Roberton 17/05/1991

This was the junction for the Bowhill Colliery line where it met the existing branch to Glencraig Colliery, opened in 1898. Both lines were single track mineral lines. Bowhill was to the north east and Glencraig to the north west. A little to the south, over a short viaduct over the River Ore, the branch doubled before joining the mainline at Glencraig Junction.
...

More details
The B981 road bridge spanning the trackbed of the former branch running to Glencraig Colliery, Fife (closed 1966), which left the Bowhill line just ...
Bill Roberton 17/05/1991

Looking west from the Pitcairn Road level crossing along the Glencraig Colliery (closed 1966) branch, Fife, on 9 November 2012. [See image 37042] ...
Bill Roberton 09/11/2012




Bowhill Colliery Branch

This was the junction for the Bowhill Colliery line where it met the existing branch to Glencraig Colliery, opened in 1898. Both lines were single track mineral lines. Bowhill was to the north east and Glencraig to the north west. A little to the south, over a short viaduct over the River Ore, the branch doubled before joining the mainline at Glencraig Junction.
...

More details
The B981 road bridge spanning the trackbed of the former branch running to Glencraig Colliery, Fife (closed 1966), which left the Bowhill line just ...
Bill Roberton 17/05/1991






Minto Colliery Branch

This junction was west of Cardenden. To the north were Glencraig Colliery, Bowhill Colliery and Minto Colliery and to the south was Lady Helen Colliery. The northern mines were approached from the east and the Lady Helen Colliery from the west.
...

More details
Looking south east along the Bowhill branch towards Glencraig Junction on 17 May 1991. A class 150 unit is passing on a Fife Circle service between ...
Bill Roberton 17/05/1991





Lady Helen Colliery Branch

This junction was west of Cardenden. To the north were Glencraig Colliery, Bowhill Colliery and Minto Colliery and to the south was Lady Helen Colliery. The northern mines were approached from the east and the Lady Helen Colliery from the west.
...

More details
Looking south east along the Bowhill branch towards Glencraig Junction on 17 May 1991. A class 150 unit is passing on a Fife Circle service between ...
Bill Roberton 17/05/1991