|/ /1860||Great Western Railway|
Buys the Cilely Colliery near Tonyrefail and the Ely Valley Railway. (1860s).
|02/08/1860||Ely Valley Railway|
Broad gauge line opened from Llantrisant on the South Wales Railway. The line is worked by the Great Western Railway.
|/ /1861||Ely Valley Railway|
Great Western Railway takes a 999 year lease of the line.
|07/06/1861||Llantrissant and Taff Vale Junction Railway|
Act passed for this Taff Vale Railway backed line. The line was promoted to stop expansion eastwards of the Great Western Railway backed schemes from Llantrisant. The line ran from Llantrisant Branch Junction, Treforest, to meet the Mwyndy Branch (Ely Valley Railway) at Maesaraul.
|/01/1862||Ely Valley Railway|
Line built to Mwyndy Ironworks and Brofiskin limeworks and another to Gellyrhaidd Colliery.
|/12/1862||Ely Valley Railway|
Line extended from Tonyrefail to Penygraig Colliery.
Agreement with the Great Western Railway to join South Wales Railway at Llantrisant rather than run to Maesaraul. Third rail laid from Llantrisant to Maesaraul Junction along the Mwyndy Branch (Ely Valley Railway).
|/ /1865||Llantrissant and Taff Vale Junction Railway|
Common Branch Junction to Llantrisant Common Branch Junction (with the Ely Valley Railway) opened.
|/01/1865||Ely Valley Railway|
Third rail laid from Maesaraul to Llantrisant is used by the Taff Vale Railway.
|10/08/1878||Ely and Clydach Valleys Railway|
Extends the Ely Valley Railway from Penygraig to Cambrian Colliery by the Taff Vale Railway's Pwllrhebog Branch.
|01/05/1901||Ely Valley Railway|
Passenger services start from Llantrisant to Penygraig.
|/ /1903||Ely Valley Railway|
Merged into the Great Western Railway.
|30/11/1983||Ely Valley Railway|
Colliery and washery at Coed Ely closed and line closed from Coed Ely to Mwyndy Junction, excluded.
This line is divided into a number of portions.