|09/11/1858||[East Somerset Railway]|
Witham to Shepton Mallet opened
|05/04/1862||[East Somerset Railway]|
Shepton Mallet to Wells opened
|/ /1874||[East Somerset Railway]|
Converted to standard gauge
|01/01/1878||East Somerset RailwayCheddar Valley and Yatton Railway (Bristol and Exeter Railway)Great Western Railway|
The Great Western Railway starts to run passenger trains from the Cheddar line through the Somerset and Dorset Railway's Wells station to Witham.
|29/10/1951||[East Somerset Railway]|
[Cheddar Valley and Yatton Railway] ([Bristol and Exeter Railway])
Wells Tucker Street re-opens on closure of Priory Road
|09/09/1963||East Somerset Railway
Cheddar Valley and Yatton Railway (Bristol and Exeter Railway)|
Yatton to Witham closed to passengers
|/ /1964||[East Somerset Railway]|
Wells to Cranmore (excluded) closed
|19/08/1970||[East Somerset Railway]|
Branch laid from Cranmore West Junction to Foster Yeomans Merehead Quarry
|/09/1973||[East Somerset Railway]|
Cranmore junction laid out as a triangular junction
|/ /1975||[East Somerset Railway]|
East Somerset Railway centre established by David Shepherd at Cranmore
|04/04/1980||East Somerset Railway|
Trains start to run from Cranmore West to Merryfield Lane. The original Cranmore station was retained by British Railways for bitumen traffic.
|/ /1985||[East Somerset Railway]|
Cranmore becomes available for preservation when bitumen traffic ceases. The preserved line is extended to Mendip Vale by Shepton Mallet.
|/ /1986||[East Somerset Railway]|
Foster Yeoman become the first private owner of main line diesels, Leaders bought from General Motors.
These locations are along the line.