This military railway ran from Cairnryan Junction, Stranraer to a military harbour at Cairn Point. The name of the line could be abbreviated to CMR. Cairnryan was also known as Military Port number 2.
|20/01/1941||Cairnryan Military Railway|
|11/10/1942||Cairnryan Military Railway|
Cairnryan Junction signalbox opened.
Cairnryan Junction signalbox for the Cairnryan Military Railway opened.
|/ /1943||Cairnryan Military Railway|
|/ /1945||Cairnryan Military Railway|
Surplus munitions start to be dumped in the Beaufort^s Dyke, much conveyed by rail to Cairnryan.
|/ /1958||Cairnryan Military Railway|
Dumping of munitions in the Beaufort^s Dyke ceases.
|/ /1959||Cairnryan Military Railway|
Out of military use.
|/ /1962||Cairnryan Military Railway|
Line and Cairnryan Junction signalbox closed.
|/ /1962||Portpatrick Railway|
Cairnryan Military Railway and Cairnryan Junction signal box closed.
These locations are along the line.
This junction opened with the Cairnryan railway (Military Port No 2) in 1942. A second hand Caledonian Railway signal box was used, placed on the south side of the line where the sidings were on the north side, approached from the east.