Warkworth

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Warkworth (1847-1958)

Opened on the Newcastle and Berwick Railway.


Description

This was a two platform stations with staggered platforms and the main station building on the southbound platform, a little south of the northbound. The station was a mile west of the village which was over the River Coquet on its south bank.

The goods yard was split with sidings opposite the two platforms. A goods shed was at the north end, opposite the northbound platform, on a loop. Further sidings were on the west side south of the northbound platform and approached from the north. Coal drops were opposite at the south end of the southbound platform and approached from the south.

The main station building remains standing, in use as a house. There is a level crossing to the south of the former station.

Local

Warkworth Castle and Hermitage is to the south of Warkworth itself.

07/01/2019

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map