Opened on the Border Counties Railway.
This was a single platform station with a long passing loop. The platform was on the east side of the loop, the village side. Wall itself was just under half a mile to the north. The River North Tyne was just to the west.
The station had a single siding on the west side, approached from the north. This siding was later looped. The signal box opened in 1893 and closed in 1955 when the station closed to passengers. The line remained open until 1958.
The station building was burned down before closure and replaced with a timber waiting room. A replacement building now stands on the platform which has survived. The stone built signal box also survives.
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Howford Brick and Tile Works
Brunton Lime Works
Black Pasture Quarry
Brunton Lime Depot
Acomb Colliery Junction [2nd]
Acomb Colliery Coke Ovens
Acomb Colliery Junction [1st]
Fourstones Colliery and Lime Works
Chesters Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)