Tillyfourie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Tillyfourie (1860-1950)

Opened on the Alford Valley Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track line. The main station building was on the westbound platform.

There was a goods yard to the west, served from the west.

Sidings also served quarries to both north and south (Corrennie Quarry).

The westbound platform was the original, the station not having a loop originally and only a single platform.

East and west signal boxes opened in 1883. The west box was on the north side of the line west of the eastbound platform and opposite the small goods yard. The east box was on the south side of the line and east of the westbound platform.

Both boxes closed in 1933.

The station closed to passengers in 1950 and the line itself closed in 1966.

The main station building is now a house. A loading bank remains to the west. Quarries remain in operation nearby.

Local

Breedon - Corrennie Quarry


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map