Opened on the North Sunderland Light Railway.
This was a terminus in the west of Seahouses, close (but not actually at) North Sunderland Harbour. The station had a single platform with a timber building on a loop, the platform being on the west side of the loop, the opposite side from the village. The line terminated at a shed.
Two goods sidings were on the east side, with loading banks. There was a timber goods store.
It was a minimal station, in keeping with being the terminus of a light railway.
The line to Chathill closed in 1951.
The former station site is now a car park ('Seafield Car Park'). South and west of the station the trackbed remains as a dirt track.
Other railway and industry locations
Kittling Hill Quary
Castle Point Lime Kilns
Littlemill Lime Works
Budle Point Pier
Castle Point Jetties
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)