Roebuck

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Roebuck (1840-1849)

Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.

Description

This was a short lived station to the east of Dunscombe. It was named for the nearby Roe Buck Inn, now Roebuck Hotel. The bridge over the line was called Roebuck Bridge. The station was replaced by Brock, just to the north, in 1849, or possibly earlier.

The station may only have consisted of a sentry box alongside the track.

Tags

Station
03/04/2018


Books


Steam Dreams