Oban Oil Depot Ground Frame

Location type

Junction


Names and dates

Oban Goods Junction (1880-1969)
Oban Oil Depot (1969-1982)
Oban Oil Depot Ground Frame (1982-2011)

Opened on the Callander and Oban Railway.


Description

This oil siding is no longer in use and the connection has been taken out. The oil siding was all that remained of the very much cut back goods facilities and locomotive shed in Oban.

Oil deliveries continued until the early 1990s. A second oil depot, for Caledonian MacBrayne and also closed, was located at the station pier.

08/05/2018

Tags

Sidings oil depot