Opened on the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway.
This was a station with a passing loop, two platforms and a signal box at either end. The main station building was on the westbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the south, approached from the east.
The west box was on the north side of the line and east on the south. These opened around 1887 replacing a single box of 1858, opened with the line. At the west end just beyond the station there was a short siding on the south side, approached from the east. With the loop the siding was replaced on the north side.
The station closed to passengers in 1964. The boxes and loop closed in 1965.
The main station building of two stories with a veranda, still stands, in use as a house. The platforms remain too, partly overgrown, and the line has been singled and slewed to between the platforms.
Strathisla Mills Platform
Drummuir Curlers Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Keith Air Ministry Siding
Strathmill Distillery Siding
Keith West Signal Box
Keith Shed [HR]
Keith North Signalbox
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|