Longhoughton

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Longhoughton (1847-1962)

Opened on the Newcastle and Berwick Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station. The main building was on the southbound platform. The station was on the west side of Longhoughton itself. Longhoughton has expanded since closure of the station.

There was a goods yard on the west side of the station at its south end, approached from the south.

The station building has not survived but a railway cottage to the north remains.

Longhoughton Quarry was to the north west of the former station.

07/01/2019

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map