Longhaven

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Longhaven (1896-1932)

Opened on the Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway).


Description

This was a single platform station on the north / west side of the line. There was a goods yard to the south of the site, approached from the south west.

The goods yard was on the reverse side to the nearby road, intentionally as it served the Blackhill Quarries to the south.

The station site and goods yard site are now overgrown and vacant.

04/06/2018

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map