Limpetness Junction

Location type


Name and dates

Limpetness Junction (1916-1974)

Opened on the Rosyth Dockyard Branch (North British Railway).


This was the junction between the original course of the Rosyth branch, following the coastline, and the later alignment which made use of reclaimed land upon which the dockyard was built. The signal box was on the north side of junction.

The first box was open between 1916 and 1927 and its replacement between 1941 and 1974 when the line east was singled.




Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)